Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cinema and movies


This week Rotterdam hosts Arabic movie festival, which I got a chance to visit today. Amazing atmosphere, cozy, and feels like at home in the cinema called  “Cinarama”.  The movie I got a chance to see, called “Cinecitta” or simply 7 by Ibrahim Latif, Tunisia.
Its really sincere comedy about 3 guys who wanted to make movie for the festival but didn’t get a grand, so they found other way how to get money, or simply to steel it from the bank.
Suddenly I remembered, all those great moments I’ve lived in Tunisia this February. Real Medina, small cafes, shi-sha and real mint tea, since that time everywhere I go I order mint tea, however I still didn’t find so good taste, as in Tunisia, those people really know how to make it special.
The other movie, I’ve got a chance to see last Saturday, “Mao’s Last dancer”, made me willing to visit China some days, at least to see how much this country has changed since Mao time. On the back of the movie shows quite good emotions, feelings and real life of Chinese people with all their fears, happiness, every day problems and all this combine with the main line of the movie of a guy who became professional ballet dancer, his love to dance, his love to parents and his love to American girl. It’s Just special, recommend to watch.
In Rotterdam, there are couple cinema places, one has discount if you buy a card for 1 month, it cost just 20 euro (price for 1 ticket 8,5 euro) and you can go as many times as you want, however movies there totally “popsa” stile, which I like but not more then couple per month. At the same time there is other cinema, which usually shows not that popular movies, but with the deep sense and big picture, but they don’t have any discount, trying to figure out how find something between.
Happy watching movies you like 

No comments: