Tuesday, May 5, 2009

NGO sector development in Ukraine

I am a positive person living my life to the fullest and making an impact on the world around at the same time. I love what I do and I am always looking for more to come, live and experience.

I’m working in Educational spare, everyday helping people to discover, learn, experience and take more out of education they get.

Through my leadership skills I’ve gained being active member of AIESEC, I’ve found NGO for children in my local and successfully leading its operations toward happy childhood for everybody“.

This is my description of the future I wrote in my application half year ago. on Sunday I had "aha" moment or just a discovery of what it is really for me and what I want to do. It did not change which mean I'm more and more confident on what I want to get at the end.

The phenomena of NGO sector in Ukraine is strange I would say, we have couple strong NGOs - which usually not Ukrainians and 2 more or less stable Ukrainian (Plast and Forum Molodyh Lideriv (who actually changed their name already)) all rest or really small, existing on their local or founded just for hidden profit from corporate sector (and you really find a lot of them).
On Sunday I went to the biggest book market in Kyiv and I think in whole Ukraine to buy some books for my diploma. I was surprised than I couldn't find anything connected to NGO management, ehh 1 book which is legality of NGO - but even it, was on Russian, - how come when the low is on Ukrainian.

That made me think that having so much problem which goverment cannot solve by them saelf can be put on NGO sector, - but the thing which is needed is development and structure approach towards it. When I came back home I wrote couple thoughts what can be done, and it seams really posible, and even more I would like to make it happen.

Starting something new is a big thing :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

going to do the development of NGO sector in Moldova for the next 2 years:)
keep in touch

Anonymous said...

something about non-for-profit organizations.
http://www.authenticityconsulting.com/pubs/PG_gdes/PG_pubs.htm
I'm also writing diploma about NGO and I hope, it will be usefull for you)

Kiyaha said...

Файно:) Радий, шо бачиш себе і прагнеш того! Удачі і натхнення!

ПЕС. Виправ дві помилочки у віжені - "spare" на "sphere" і "found" на "founded":)

tetyana MKHL said...

hmm i chgo vsih lyudej tak i kortyt vupravlyuty?

Kiyaha said...

perfectionism or smth else... who knows.

Anonymous said...

ha ha :)))
thank you, see ya on 15th anniversary ;)))
me